Introduction and Applications
● HOLICARE ACADEMY webinar - 23rd February 2024 - 7:00-8:30 AM EST●
● HOLICARE ACADEMY webinar ●
23rd February 2024
● 7:00-8:30 AM EST ●
Join us and our honorable guest, Hamid D. Ismail for a webinar diving into the basics of bioinformatics!
What ARE the CHALLENGES HOLICARE INNOVATIVE DIAGNOSTICS SOLUTIONS are ADRESSING?
Anyone with an interest in bioinformatics, ranging from researchers and students to professionals in the field are welcome !
We especially invite clinicians, nurses, health workers, lab technicians and researchers (PhD students, MSc students and postdoc fellows to join us.
- Understanding the origin and formats of bioinformatics data.
- Knowing the bioinformatics resources and the tools to acquire data for research.
- Understanding the local and global alignments and their applications
- Understanding the pipelines for genome assembly and variant discovery and their diagnostic applications with demonstration.
- Understanding the multiple sequence alignment and its application in phylogeny
HOLICARE Academy Expert
● Hamid D. Ismail●
Hamid D. Ismail is an assistant professor and Research Computing System administrator in the Department of Computational Science and Engineering at North Carolina A&T State University and a scholar in a state-funded genome surveillance project in the Department of Computer Science at Michigan Technological University. He worked as a research associate on molecular biology and biotechnology at the NC A&T State University. Hamid received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. in computational science and Engineering from NC A&T State University, USA, and his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) and Higher Diploma in applied programming and statistics from the University of Khartoum, Sudan. He earned several professional certifications in statistics (SAS Certified Base, Advanced, and Clinical Trial Programmer), programming, and database (Oracle). At the present time, he teaches graduate-level courses, including Bioinformatics, Scalable Computing, Computational Modeling, Data Analytics, and Data visualization. His active research is on bioinformatics, the application of machine learning in genomic data and the prediction of post-translational modifications of proteins. Hamid is a published author of two books in bioinformatics (“Practical Guide to NCBI Databases and Sequence Alignments” and “A Practical Guide to Next Generation Sequencing Data Analysis”) and a book in computational statistics, and several articles and chapters in bioinformatics and machine learning.